Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Treat Yo'self!

Today, I am just NOT feeling it. I had every intention of getting up and going to the library today, I even feel asleep just after midnight in order to get plenty of rest. But instead of getting up, I slept until 3:30pm. That is FIFTEEN hours people!!! All I have to say about that is, thanks a lot Eve. ^_^

I seriously needed a pick-me-up. Especially after my DVD player wouldn't work and I couldn't watch Pride and Prejudice. Sob.

I saw the idea on Pinterest for a honey and brown sugar facial/body scrub, but it came with no real instructions, so I decided to just go for it!

Here's what I did:

In a small bowl I mixed about 3 tablespoons of brown sugar with maybe two teaspoons of honey. I didn't use actual measurements, so my advice is to go slow. But you can always add a tad more of either if you need to. My mixture was really thick, so I added a few drop of water. Don't add too much! After that this is what I looked like:


I was worried that it was too runny, but it was perfect.
I just used my hands to apply it. You don't need to put a lot on your face, so there was a lot left over. I put it into these tiny containers that I have, which were perfect for this, and popped it into the fridge. I'm not 100% sure that it will keep, but I'm gonna give it a try and I'll update this post the next time I try it.

I really enjoyed this, and it could be use practically anywhere on your body that needs exfoliating. 
** as a side note, don't use this too often. You don't want to exfoliate say, everyday. Maybe once a week at most. And always use a moisterizer after. I'm using the new brand Simple right now and I really like it!**


Well, it's time for dinner. Then I think I am climbing into bed and reading. I'm about half way through The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis. I'm going to finish that and The Last Battle by tomorrow so I can start my Classic Summer!


Ta-Ta!


No comments:

Post a Comment