Wednesday, May 9, 2012

DIY Bachelorette Party Survival Kits

Greetings:) It's been a while.


We had a lovely weekend at home, and can't wait to get back there to stay!
The main occasion for our trip was that my best friend Kim got married that weekend, and lucky me, I was her maid of honor! Me being all the way in New York and not being there to really help her out made me feel kind of bad, so when we planned her bachelorette party for the night that I flew in to Georgia, I knew that I wanted to make something special and fun for the occasion.


And then I remembered an idea that I had seen somewhere online, survival kits! There are plenty of great sites out there who sell them ready made, but I'm not really a ready made kind of girl :)


The best part about these are that you can personalize them any way that you want!  If your bridal party is super close and have lots of fun inside jokes, then you can tailor it to fit your needs. But since I had just met all of the lovely ladies in Kim's bridal party, I chose to fill it with some fun things that everyone can enjoy and get a kick out of.


In my boxes I included a button pin that read "TEAM BRIDE" that I found at Spencers, pink beads and candy bracelets that I found at Michael's, and cherry chapstick, Altoid smalls and condoms which you could pick up at any Wal-Mart or drugstore (side note: the condoms were a joke! And there was only one in each box, but I photographed what each side looked like)

My first thought for the containers were chinese take out boxes. These babies are PERFECT for so many different crafts, and they work marvelously for this. I picked one with a print, but there are many colors to choose from as well as clear.
I had an image in my head from the get-go about how I wanted these to look. I picked some ribbon that had a very pretty satin look and used Modge Podge to attach it to the box. **Important** I only applied the Modge Podge to ends of the ribbon that overlayed into the flaps on the box as well as a small section on the bottom, that way it stays out of sight because it the Modge Podge did discolor the ribbon a bit. But, you'd never know it!


The rest is wayyy too simple! I picked up some embellishments at Michael's like pearls and blue crystals as well as labels that all have adhesive on them, so you can just pop em on! All of my embellishments are from the Martha Stewart craft line, which I adore.

 See!!! (front)
 (back)
(top)

I loved how these turned out! (Sorry for the poor lighting, our apartment is old and has no ceiling lighting, all we have are lamps! And I also apologize for my poor photography skills. I'm working on it!)


You know I couldn't stop there.

As an extra, I decided to make her a bouquet for fun. 
These are also soo easy to make and very versatile. 
I used the idea that I found in a tutorial for rolled paper flowers. I used a textured card stock to give it a multi-dimensional look. To make the bouquet all you need to do it hot glue some floral wire to the bottom of your flowers to make stems. The wire I bought was a tad thin and I wanted it to have a more solid feel, so I twisted about 3 pieces of wire together for one stem and then trimmed them to make them even. Then I took the leftover ribbon that I had and wrapped the stems. Voila!



Well this one was pretty long, but I hope all my rambling was instructive!!

Until next time!

~Hannah





No comments:

Post a Comment