Thursday, March 15, 2012

Had a lovely evening with my sweet husband! I had dinner waiting when he got home from work so that we could go shopping for a few things. One of my best friends wedding is only a few days away and I had to go to Michael's to pick up a few things to finish up my surprises for her! I can't wait to blog all about them, but since her wedding is on April 7th, I'll be waiting until then.
My husband really surprised me tonight. While we were out I decided that we needed to find something to wear since we will be home on Easter Sunday. He told me to find what I wanted and then he would match me(typical, lol). So after shopping around, I found a really cute mint green dress at my favorite new store, Vanity, and picked out a cute belt and necklace to go with. We were checkout counter bound when I noticed the wall of cowboy boots, and they were lovely. Now we all know cowboy boots have been a trend for years now, and they are a staple in most girls closets, but somehow I have been missing out on them. I spotted a chocolate colored pair that went gorgeously with my ensemble, and excitedly informed him that they were what I wanted the next time we got paid.
Now, you have to know my husband. When we (re)met, he was enjoying the single life and spending money like it came out of a Monopoly box! But pretty soon after we became engaged and started sharing the bank account to get use to it, he somehow became a tightwad. Then again, it just really depends. Like most men, he can find logic in buying a new TV, but spending major money on things like clothes bewilders him.
And so, lovely was my surprise when he smiled and said, " Well, I guess we could get them now"
My first pair of cowboy boots, and I was so happy I needed to blog about it!
Retail therapy is something that I believe in, as long as it is not being done in harmful amounts. Right now we are in the process of making a tough decision that will affect the rest of our lives, and the lives of our future children. I don't want to say what it is yet because I have a serious complex about jinxing things, but hopefully we will hear some news soon, because I am full to bursting. I've actually been avoiding my blog so I won't talk about it. But, as you can see, my darling gave me a lovely distraction tonight.
Even so, all of the stress lately has kept me from sleeping. I am tired, but my brain will not stop. So, I have been spending my time crafting and looking up new recipes. Tonight I am making the dough for Black and White Butter Cookies, recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart's website. She had a Black and White show the other day and these were on there. The dough is better if it sits for about a day, and since I am awake, why the heck not? Time to go and check to see if my butter is room temperature yet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment